Thursday, August 23, 2007

FOODHYPE: La Pinata #3













I don't go out to restaurants much these days, because I can make some mean filet mignon with asparagus, mashed potatoes, and a double scotch or two for one tenth the price I would pay to get some scruffy, low-grade chow at many highly-regarded local eateries. However, I will always make an exception for a joint like La Pinata #3, in Alameda, California, where the staff is fast, friendly and efficient, the food is top quality and served in generous portions, and the tequila is exclusively 100% agave!
I've been a regular for years, but lately the word is getting out, and on almost any night of the week, you will have a short wait to be seated, while prime-time Friday and Saturday, you might wait a half-hour. Call ahead and ask for Octavio or Nick -- they'll put you on the list. Tell them the guys from El Cerrito sent you.









Octavio





In addition to the main restaurant, LP3 boasts a Tequila Bar and a Taco Bar. If your timing is right you might even see an Oakland Raider or a Golden State Warrior -- these guys need to know where to get a good Super Burrito Famoso de Carne Asada or some Enchiladas de Camarones.

They've got five other locations, and I bet they all RULE. Check 'em out.

MAP to LP3

La Pinata Restaurant Home Page

1 comment:

Steve J. said...

I agree with this review La Pinata has been a staple for me and my family since I've been young. I love the GREAT food, and ever since I moved to Texas I crave this food on the Daily!!!!