Friday, February 22, 2008

VICEHYPE: Nat Sherman Classics














Yes, it's true: those who smoke are going to die. Unfortunately, so is everybody else. I hate to break it to you, but life leads inevitably to death. Your only choice is how you're going out. I'm going out after a smooth smoke of all-natural tobacco with no additives offered by Nat Sherman, America's leading cigarette maker. Marlboro was the first brand I smoked. After smoking Classics for a while, I happened to smoke a Marlboro again and was shocked by the cat-piss taste. Then I found out about this:

They called it "the secret of Marlboro."

R.J. Reynolds was desperate in the mid-1970s to learn why its leading brand, Winston, was losing market share to Philip Morris' Marlboro. So were other tobacco companies that were losing out in a ruthlessly competitive business.

"We couldn't figure out what the success of Marlboro was," said David Bernick, an attorney for Brown & Williamson. "We couldn't figure out why it was that Marlboro was taking off in sales."

The reason, as it turned out, was ammonia, a chemical that boosted Marlboro's nicotine "kick" and improved the taste at the same time, according to documents and testimony emerging from Minnesota's lawsuit against the tobacco industry.

"The secret of Marlboro is ammonia," according to a 1989 Brown & Williamson document. "Ammonia does many good things."

To me, ammonia tastes like cat-piss. And I prefer my vice nice and clean, as God intended.

























Nat Sherman Official Site

No comments: