Wednesday, September 12, 2007

MOVIEHYPE: Get Smart

I've been desultorily working my way through mpegs of the original series, and I'm disappointed to report that what was hilarious in 1967 ain't really cutting it in 2007. Amusing, yes, but only the occasional big laugh. "Get Smart", the classic TV series, was overdue for a reworking, and Hollywood, ever-eager for some successful old idea they can rip off (uh, I mean, "reimagine") has stepped in and done the job.
Steve Carrell is Agent Maxwell Smart, Anne Hathaway is Agent 99. Hmmm... excellent start. And the teaser is enough to convince me this is one of the top upcoming comedy prospects, right there with "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story." I can't wait for the trailer. Hurry up, already, wouldja, jeez... dammit!

Get Smart Trailer page at Movie-List
Get Smart The Official Site

No comments: